Thought it was clear, but apparently not. This is not a family blog. If you are looking for that try www.mnmspecial.com

Monday, February 8, 2010

Sitting Up

I am sitting up after midnight again...

We listed the house today. With no comparable in the whole town or surrounding areas it made the pricing difficult. Should we have asked for more? I think so, but hubby wouldn't call back. So there really is not much cushion from what we owe and what they are going to short us. With the house listing in the morning...It just makes me mad because I am looking around at all the stuff that everyone has left out for me to clean.

Why do men not understand that the women picks the house out? She is the one looking to see if there are dust bunnies stuck to the chairs or snot on the wall...Why doesn't he think it is a big deal to have the shoes piled up by the front door?

My heck...Why does he get to go to bed after making the hugest mess in the world while I stay up and clean it? I can't even leave the house or it might be 10 times worse when I get back. So the stretch of living in another persons home has begun. The phone could ring at any moment and I'll have to leave. I have to live in an almost impossibly clean house. People don't understand what it is like to have kids. Moms understand what it is like to have kids, but when you start shopping for a home you are not a mom you are a person. A person that wants a perfectly clean house with no milk spills on the floor, no pop tart pieces under the edge of the counter, and forget about the potty training chair because that screams that there has been an accident on the carpet, even if there hasn't been...Maybe that's just me thinking all these things.
My heck. It's taken me a week to clean the house because I have to have all the clothing color sorted in the closets, the books in size order, finger prints off the glass. Am I the only one that thinks that all these little things that can be dirty show that a person doesn't take care of their belongings?

I am so sick of people coming into my house and commenting on how nice it is. Of course it is nice! My heck...just because it is not typical of this community still thriving in the 80's style. Ahhhh! The realtor even told me that its too bad I'm moving because I could have stayed and designed beautiful houses. Take a look at the internet, look at other MLS listings in other states...How about a current magazine? Okay I am feeling a bit too mean. I guess no one here is used to someone with vision.

It also occurred to me (yesterday) that my husband and I are young and our house is not typical 20 something owned home. I have high end taste and lucky enough to have the shopping skills to back it up. I was able to buy all the kitchen, plumbing fixtures, lighting, appliances, tubs/showers/sinks/toilets, and blinds. for $20,000. Because I shopped smart, I have really nice things.

(It also drives me nuts to be told I have more stuff than anyone has ever seen. I just have it spread out because my husband can't stack a box and most stuff has been in a box for 9 years!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave it...I dare you!