Thought it was clear, but apparently not. This is not a family blog. If you are looking for that try www.mnmspecial.com

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Shipwrecked

"Don't rock the boat!"

Can anyone really ever recover when their boat has been rocked? Yes they can when it is a mild stirring of water beneath...but occasionally there is a swell that rocks the boat so hard you become shipwrecked.

There are something that are better off avoided. Like the street that the Ford pickup plowed into the Honda I was riding in...Fiesta Ole sour cream...and recent events. I am not sorry for wanting to avoid it all. I have nothing nice streaming through my head. I have a temper and I know that I can control it...but I really have no desire to at the moment.

I grew up in a family that talked (or yelled) about the way we feel. My husband grew up in a family that is emotionally insensitive...they get over it quick. I didn't grow up there. I once told my father in law, in a loud voice (I am sure), that I didn't grow up in his family so leave me alone...Let's just say moving is stressful enough and if I want my stuff moved in a gentle manner an I voice my opinion about it...You had better stay out of my way. (this was a few years back, maybe move 8) I am really not scared. I just like to be in control of the situation and in a storm there really is no control at all.

Right now we are shipwrecked. I feel like Robinson Crusoe, without the cool tree house. Pirates have invaded and although it has been weeks, there is the likely hood that they will be back. A little bit family, a little bit coworker, a little bit friend...I have a pit ready...and we are working on our boat.

I see nothing wrong with avoiding things. If a snake bites you, do you put your hand back in the hole? Heck no!

There are a few ships on the horizon...will one of them be for us? There are options.

There is no forgiveness in a canoe.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave it...I dare you!